Bell Valley is a place to renew, re-energize, and reconnect to yourself, your team, the land, and your passion for meaningful work. We provide retreat space for groups working on social change and personal growth, as well as businesses deepening their strategies and team dynamics.
Bell Valley Retreat was designed with careful intention for purposeful experiences. Six miles of hiking trails weave through the beauty and solitude of rolling oak hills and open meadows. Unique accommodations are thoughtfully integrated into the landscape. Restorative meeting spaces offer a welcome change from the usual constraints of work environments. Various outdoor spaces sculpted for gathering and contemplation are nestled among old growth trees.
Originally land inhabited and cared for by Native American Pomo tribes, in the late 1800s Bell Valley became a stop-over for stage-coach travelers riding from Ukiah to Boonville. It also operated as a well-known hops farm where the unusual dialect called Boontling was “born”. Today, in keeping with this history of the land and its inhabitants, Bell Valley offers a space to gather, connect and revitalize.
What truly sets Bell Valley Retreat apart is the land. The retreat lies within a protected watershed on a private property that spans more than 650 acres, with extensive trails winding through its diverse ecosystem. Expansive views abound, with very few buildings and in sight. Each element of Bell Valley Retreat reinforces harmony and integration with the land, designed to fit within the natural landscape, rather than apart from it.
At Bell Valley Retreat:
• We believe social, cultural, and ecological transformation are inextricably linked with individual transformation
• We cultivate and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with nature
• We steward the land inspired by the principles of permaculture and other sustainable practices
• We actively support equality, justice, and healing
• We value openness and authenticity
• We encourage learning, reflection, and contemplative practice
• We celebrate creativity, and view artists as essential social and cultural visionaries
• We honor all change-makers who devote their energy towards having a positive impact on the world
We invite you to experience Bell Valley Retreat, and welcome you to join us for exploration, relaxation and restoration in this healing landscape.