Santa Cruz Downtown--Mysteries Uncovered!
You come to the Santa Cruz beach-side area for the sand, the surf and the Boardwalk attractions. But don't forget the fantastic downtown area! An excellent team-building venue, the downtown neighborhood is a lively and cheerful place with a cool mix of shops, restaurants, bars and surf shops. During your Dr. Clue Scavenger Hunt, you’ll learn all about the history and neglected treasures of this fascinating location as you sleuth out clues along Pacific Avenue and the vicinity, uncovering team camaraderie, trust and rapport--one clue at a time.
Santa Cruz Downtown: Team Building Itinerary
Gather at Riverwalk, at River and Soquel
-Introductions/Ice Breakers/Rules–30 minutes
-Hunt ~120 minutes
-Team Building Wrap-Up & Discussion–30 minutes
Who doesn't love a scavenger hunt, right?
- Getting outside, in the fresh air...
- Working together as a team...
- Making discoveries about the "hidden treasures" of the area...
- Solving mysterious clues...
- Using both you minds and your bodies...
- At Dr. Clue, we've mastered the art of scavenger hunts!
That's what happens when you've been doing nothing but creating and delivering hunts for 25 years, at over 150 locations world-wide!
When you play a Dr. Clue scavenger hunt, you:
- Get to know co-workers you may not know very well
- Practice lateral thinking and problem solving
- Unplug in the fresh air
- Explore a great local destination
- Build true bonding and camaraderie
- Exhibit collaboration and cooperation
- Build trust and rapport
- Practice delegation and cross-team collaboration
- Release stress
- Create a "we're all in this together" feeling
- Have high-spirited FUN with your team mates!
How Dr. Clue Scavenger Hunts work
Split into teams of ~ 4-7 participants, groups receive a map of the area, pens, props/reference material and the same set of 8 -10 clues leading to fascinating locations throughout the area. The goal of this “business simulation game” is simple: each team needs to solve as many clues as it can within the given time limit, and then visit each location in search of answers to specific questions. The clues are rather challenging and stimulating (as they must be for accomplished, professional adults!) and are based on wordplay, code, ciphers, puzzles and pop-culture trivia (rather than particular local knowledge that would favor locals). In short, anyone from anywhere can participate fully in this hunt. Participants can expect to see anything from Morse Code to Braille, from word puzzles to Pig Latin…the whole kitchen sink! Teams will need both to strategize (to avoid excess backtracking) and to manage time carefully, as there IS a penalty for lateness.
Why Dr. Clue?
- We're experienced (25 years and counting)
- We employ trained, professional facilitators (not college-age "cheerleaders")
- Our puzzle-based clues are amazing (written by graduates of Stanford and Yale!)
- Our programs are clear and easy to understand
- Our smart phone app is really cool and never breaks
- We offer by far the most treasure hunt locations -- over 150 sites worldwide!
- We emphasize team-building lessons (as opposed to mere cutthroat competition)
In short, if you want a teambuilding treasure hunt with great clues and great facilitation, where nothing goes wrong and everything is bulletproof, you've come to the right place.
Duration of the event: 2.5-3 hours.
**The hunt is on!