About The Land
Explore and escape from corporate life in the many facets of Northern California's The Land, from historic spaces to cozy housing and cabins to breathtaking landscapes and farm-to-table cuisine. The grounds boast 162 acres of meadows, trees, and rivers - including swimming holes and a saltwater pool. The mini cow, goats, geese, chickens and the magical 5-acre garden are a must see.
The Land’s team of connection experts will work with you to create an experience that heals and brings flow to your team. This could include leading communication games, scavenger hunts, hot yin yoga, and more. Activities with your team may include feeding animals, getting dirty in the garden, crushing apples for fresh cider, or enjoying massages and bodywork.
Our historic lodge was built in the 1950’s using wood milled from a single redwood tree and has been the joyful respite for thousands of happy pilgrims throughout the decades. Features include:
- Seating for up to 100
- More than 10 large, industrial wooden tables
- Certified commercial kitchen
- Ample skylights throughout dining and kitchen
The Course Room
Our course room was recently renovated to include large office space, ADA-accessible bathroom and beautiful, minimal main meeting hall.
- Hi Speed WIFI 60-80 mbs
- A/V set up including projector
- Meditation cushions, blankets, chairs, and yoga mats
Creating Connected Teams
The Land’s team of connection experts will work with you to create an experience that heals and brings flow to your team. We’ll sit down with the staff organizer and draw out and diagnose your specific challenges and desires. We may discover that what your team needs is play, or less doubt in their intuition, or a restorative experience for those that are burned out. We work closely with clients to custom design retreats unique to their needs.
Your team might:
- Get their hands dirty working in the garden
- Feed the animals
- Attend a gardening and cooking class
- Wash dishes as part of the Land’s connection periods after each meal
- Crush apples in our garden for fresh cider
- Enjoy massages and bodywork
- Swim in our pool or walk to our winding river and take a dip in a swimming hole
- Host a communication games event to create fun, trust, spontaneity, and camaraderie amongst your staff
- Train your staff how they can incorporate more “human” and connection-oriented elements into their meetings, like personal sharing and vulnerability
- Lead a hot Yin Yoga class for your students, a photo scavenger hunt, or bring them on a hike into the old growth redwoods.